Episode summary: Pilot Episode. A new dog park opens in Night Vale. Carlos, a scientist, visits and discovers some interesting things. Seismic things. Plus, a helpful guide to surveillance helicopter-spotting.
- Do Not Approach the Dog Park: The dog park officially opens at the corner of Earl and Summerset.
- A perfect and beautiful scientist (Carlos) arrives to study Night Vale, "the most scientifically interesting community in the U.S." He and his team discover a house in Desert Creek that does not, technically, exist; constant, catastrophic earthquakes that nobody can feel; and that the sun set ten minutes later than it should have.
- The Night Vale Harbor and Waterfront Recreation Area opens, despite a complete lack of water.
- The Apache Tracker swears to investigate the "great howling" heard from the Night Vale Post Office.
- Teddy Williams discovers the entrance to a vast, underground city underneath the Desert Flower Bowling Alley and Arcade Fun Complex.
Release Date: June 15, 2012
Weather: "These and More Than These" by Joseph Fink
Logo: Rob Wilson
Produced by Commonplace Books
Written by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor
Narrated by Cecil Baldwin
Previous Episode: (none)
Next Episode: Episode 2: Glow Cloud